You need 5 layers to keep from pulling your hair out with things moving around. Lock all you are not working on.
You will need to convert elements to path/objects depending on what application you choose. DO NOT convert the text yet as the design grows you might want a different font. (guess how I learned this ;)) I did this in Inkscape and then in ecal2 and both work nicely. In ecal I used duplicate rows/columns for the squares.
1. Bottom Layer: a rectangle the size you want your final to be add the title. I used 4x6 as that fits my laminator
2. Layer above: a grid of squares three across and four down.
3. Layer above: type in the months in the squares
4. Add the names in the proper month and the actual day.
5. layer above and add the decorations.
I hope this provides enough info for you to create this very usefule little reminder. I would love it if you share what you've done by posting a comment.
Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Crafting.
- Mac with Yosemite