PINTEREST

Monday, January 23, 2012

Wine Bottle - Inkscape Print to Cut

Way into a new learning curve.  I saw an image on one of my forums where the designer used all sorts of tricks to make the image look translucent....absolutely stunning.  I had to try it.  I did not get to the level she did but I'm pretty happy with my design.

This is for sure a print to cut since.  I found that to get all the detail of the shades and shadows you really need to print this at HIGH Quality and on photo paper.  I prefer matte photo paper for cards.


When I take the file into my cutting software I loose the translucence but the pieces are there if you want to do paper piecing.  I even tried making it a pure digi stamp so you could color it using the pieces provided.


I'd love to see one of you talents who use the copics or chalks do this and show it off.

One of these days when I feel more competent to do it I'll do a video and walk you through all the things I did to accomplish this, but not today.  In the meantime take a close look at the svg file and the filters, opaque, etc and see if you can figure it out.

Downloads
Wine BottlePS jpg


Inspiration
The image that was the inspiration belongs to Laurianne at Eye Draw It.  I don't think it is up anymore but the etching she did with it is....do stop by and see her work.