PINTEREST

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sailboats - Inkscape Digi Art Painting

You have to do this several times or at least I do, in order to remember how to do the layers, filters and placement, so I did.  This one didn't take as long as the first one so I guess I planned better.  I didn't, but you could, print the background and "cut" out the sailboats for a more dimensional effect.


For Cutters
 I did import the svg into eCAL and was able to ungroup/break apart and all the pieces separate pretty well, you might have to apply a stroke to see the clouds and sails. I guess I've spent too much time making cut files that I just make them that way.


This one uses a pattern for the ocean, a filter for the island and some silhouettes converted for the sailboats.  I drew the clouds and reconstructed by pushing and pulling nodes to create the island.


I used this one on a card, could also make a post card.  I printed it on matte photo paper with a Cannon Pro printer with 8 color cartridges. Your print results may be different with other printers with less colors.


DOWNLOAD - Now on MediaFire
SeascapePS - svg
SeascapePS - jpg

RESOURCE
If you are not up on applying patters I have a couple of videos on "how to".  See the tutorial section (on the right) for my You Tube videos.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  Comments appreciated.


I use a Mac with Inkscape 0.48 and cut with eCAL and the Sizzix eClips