PINTEREST

Friday, March 8, 2013

Note Card Fish - Inkscape

I needed a new batch of note cards and for some unknown reason fish came to mind.  I don't know why fish are so enticing but they are, so many shapes, so many colors.


This is an Inkscape svg file, in layers if you want to change it up.  There is a pattern layer for the body. The fish will cut in one piece and you cut the pattern piece with your choice of pattern paper, if you want to piece it atop the background.  I just printed the whole thing on matte photo paper and affixed it to a card base.  I think a colored frame would look good but that is the area where your talent comes in 


I'm posting 2 files to download, the svg of course and the jpg to print.

Download from MediaFire

My design system:
  • Macintosh with Mountain Lion
  • Inkscape 0.48
  • eCAl with Sissix eclips