PINTEREST

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SEAL Birthday Card

The whole point here was to learn how to do it myself  using Inkscape.  Mother Nature likes basic shapes and almost anything you look at in nature is a variation on circles and  squares.  They evolve into ovals, rectangles, triangles.  The trick is learning how to manipulate the nodes to warp them into shape. There are so many tutorials for "how to draw..." that I cannot list them all here, but a google search will find you many.  Most are for drawing with a pencil but you just use the Inkscape tools instead. I suggest that you start with DragonArt.com for the drawing lesson. Then find some Inkscape tutorials for NODES.


After getting the seal how I wanted him I had to think of what to do with him, a Birthday Card worked for me.  I did it in many different color schemes; bright for kids, subtle for big kids.

I have cut this out on my Sizzix and it works.  I chose to print/cut the words on the light cardstock since it is hard for me to paste little pieces. I do not have a lot of patterned paper and I think those of you with an "eye" can find some to really bling it up.

I hope you can find a use for the card and/or the pieces.

Download from MediaFire

Seal Birthday Card svg
Seal Birthday Card scut3
Seal Birthday Card png

My System

  • Macintosh w/ Mountain Lion
  • Inkscape 0.48
  • Sizzix eClips with eCAL