PINTEREST

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Save the Whales - t-shirt design ecal2

My DH says I never saw a blank-t-shirt I didn't want to put something on :) and I say a plain white t-shirt is boring so you have to decorate it.

My ecal2 software is getting so good that I hardly ever use Inkscape

anymore.  This was done all in ecal2.011 and exported to Inkscape so I could share the svg file as well.

I used several features of ecal to do this:
  • Traced image of a whale I found free. Have a copy to fill the whole knock out will make.
  • Circle from Basic Shapes.
  • Knockout for the whale inside the circle.
  • Wave to design the wavy lines from a thin rectangle to divide   circle, then back minus front.    
  • Text on Arch for the words
I flipped it horizontal to print onto iron-on transfer paper to put on the t-shirt.  Those of you who do vinyl most likely can do it in vinyl too.

I played around with gradients on the circle pieces but decided against using it but it did look pretty good.

Downloads:

Save the Whales scut4 (if you see that media fire as added .txt to the end of the scut4 file just delete it leaving .scut4 and it will open.  Dunno why this happens but just in case it does.)

I use either Transfermations or Avery iron on transfers to print my design onto.  Trim with scissors to get rid of as much paper about the image as possible.  Directions are on the package.

Thanks for coming by today and I would like to know how you do with this.