PINTEREST

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Baby Quilt Inkscape

This design is much more a learning project for me than a real need for the design.  I started out not really knowing where I was going by doing the animals.


  • Panda and gingerbread man from #svgcuts
  • Penquin from #Kadoodle
  • Teddy from a clipart image
I played a bit by making the stitch lines by making an inset shadow layer copy of the body of each animal, no fill and making the stroke dashes.

Then what to do with them.... OK make a quilt.  I used a video tut from cut two pieces tiled clones to make the quilt stitch pattern, dashed stroke and no fill.

Pink bkg is scalloped frame with two rectangles for the divider borders.

I was able to export to #eCal where I could make p2c pieces so I could lay the animals on top of the quilt base.  The blue piece with the quilting stitch I used blue paper to print the quilt stitches onto.  The animals as p2c and the white shadow as c2p.  Lots of ways to do these pieces depending on how adept you are at scal or ecal.  

I am providing both the svg and the ecal files for you to play with.  I would appreciate it very much if you use this design that you share a link so I can see what you came up with.  I think a new baby announcement, a framed picture, etc.

Downloads
Baby QuiltPS scut4 (note mediafile will add .txt to the scal4 extension. Just edit the extension to delete the .txt.)
Baby QuiltPS png

Thanks for stopping by today!