PINTEREST

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Birthday Calendar Magnet

We have 4 children  and 6 grandchildren and my "gray cells" are rapidly decreasing so I need memory joggers.  Today I made a graphic with all of their birthdays by month.  I printed it and then laminted it to put on my bulletin board/my fridge.

You need 5 layers to keep from pulling your hair out with things moving around.  Lock all you are not working on.

You will need to convert elements to path/objects depending on what application you choose. DO NOT convert the text yet as the design grows you might want a different font. (guess how I learned this ;))  I did this in Inkscape and then in ecal2 and both work nicely.  In ecal I used duplicate rows/columns for the squares. 

 1. Bottom Layer: a rectangle the size you want your final to be add the title.  I used 4x6 as that fits my laminator

 2. Layer above: a grid of squares three across and four down.

3. Layer above:  type in the months in the squares

4. Add the names in the proper month and the actual day.

5. layer above and add the decorations.


I hope this provides enough info for you to create this very usefule little reminder.  I would love it if you share what you've done by posting a comment.

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Crafting.

My system:

  • Mac with Yosemite
  • ecal2
  • eclips
  • Inkscape